Re: 22.1.90; desktop-save throws (error "No buffer named <uniquified buf

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: 22.1.90; desktop-save throws (error "No buffer named <uniquified buffername>")
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 05:15:10 +0100

On Feb 12, 2008 4:39 AM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, very much so.

Glad to hear.

> > +(defun uniquify-buffer-base-name ()
> > +  "Return the base name of the current buffer."
> > +  (and (bound-and-true-p uniquify-managed)
> > +       (uniquify-item-base (car uniquify-managed))))
>
> There's a (defvar uniquify-managed nil ...) earlier in that file, so you
> shouldn't need the `bound-and-true-p', just use

Hmm.  IIUC, you're saying than if `uniquify-buffer-base-name' is run,
then uniquify.el has been loaded and so `uniquify-managed' will be
bound, even if it has no buffer-local value for the buffer being
tested... You're right. I was thinking of cases when uniquify.el were
not loaded, but they don't apply here.

>    (defun uniquify-buffer-base-name ()
>      "Return the base name of the current buffer.
>    Return nil if the buffer is not managed by uniquify."

OK.

             Juanma