Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 00:03:09 -0400

dhruva <address@hidden> writes:
>  With lengthy discussions having taken place on this SCM issue, what
> are we waiting for? Are there really any concrete plans to move to a
> dSCM or are we just wasting talking about features and shortcomings of
> each tool. Any outcome of ESR study?

I think you may have missed the news :-).

We decided on bzr, which in practice seems to mean "some people are
seriously testing bzr, and once we have a good conversion and are
satisfied we can get work done, someone will install it on savannah and
that repository will be the new master".

All of the DVCSs seem good.  No one marshalled any compelling arguments
in favor of one versus the other on technical grounds, and all other
things being equal, RMS (and maybe some others, perhaps including Yidong
and Stefan?) preferred bzr because it is a GNU project.

The above is a summary of what I take to be the current state of things.
My personal opinions: I'm also happy with bzr, and would be equally
happy with any of the usual suspects among free software DVCS.  I just
hope we can switch the master soon.

-Karl