Re: Window configuration UI

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Window configuration UI
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:26:42 -0400

    I attached some code a few days ago. Will that code help? (winsav.el)

It appears to go in the right direction.

It would be interesting to try replacing the current
window-configuration code with winsav.el, to see if it is fast enough.
It seems to me that `winsav-get-window-tree' could be made a lot
faster, especially by writing it in C.  But I don't know if it
needs to be any faster.

Could you write some documentation of the format returned
by `winsav-get-window-tree'?

How does winsav deal with the tree structure of non-leaf windows?  I
think that it does not know about non-leaf windows; is that correct?
If so, it is something we need to fix, and that probably
requires changes at the C level.