Re: tool-bar (Carbon port): labels under icons

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: tool-bar (Carbon port): labels under icons
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:10:13 +0200

Such a feature would be nice to have globally, not just for Mac. I disable labels for the Gtk+ port for the simple reason that there where no labels available in the current tool bar definition. The help strings are too long.

        Jan D.

David Reitter skrev:
Can I suggest the following patch that allows the use of labels under the icons as is standard on the OS?

2008-04-05  David Reitter <address@hidden>

    * tool-bar.el (tool-bar-local-item): Accept string for KEY
    as icon label.
    (tool-bar-setup): Use readable strings for labels.
2008-04-05  David Reitter <address@hidden>

    * macterm.c [USE_MAC_TOOLBAR]: Add Vmac_tool_bar_display_mode.
    (update_frame_tool_bar) [USE_MAC_TOOLBAR]: set display mode.