Re: pretest, devel and bug lists

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: pretest, devel and bug lists
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:22:50 +0100

On Thu, 29 May 2008, Richard M Stallman wrote:
> I said nothing about that, but I think that both lists should do so.
>
> 2. Whether the bug tracker should send mail to bug-gnu-emacs.
>
> That is the question I was talking about before. I think it should
> NOT send any mail to bug-gnu-emacs, or to emacs-pretest-bug.

The way bug-gnu-emacs works now, all of the messages which haven't
come from the bug tracker get sent to the bug tracker first, which
assigns new messages a bug number and modifies the headers
accordingly. This first part can't really be changed and still have a
functional bug tracker and a bug-gnu-emacs which works as it did
previously.

The only extraneous messages that the bug tracker sends (or at least,
should be sending) to bug-gnu-emacs which wouldn't previously have
been seen on that list are the control modification transcripts. These
can be easily filtered out by end users or shuffled off to a separate
mailing list. I personally think they're informative, since they deal
with the disposition of bugs, but that's a decision that can be made
either way.

Don Armstrong

--
"There's no problem so large it can't be solved by killing the user
off, deleting their files, closing their account and reporting their