Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 61

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 61
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 16:10:57 -0400

Glenn Morris <address@hidden>:
> It's not my fault if people don't know how to use CVS, don't know how
> to build Emacs, or don't know how to search a list archive.

I don't think anyone is interested in finding fault with you, or
with anyone else.

This project has a lot of broken, crappy toolkit associated with it --
stuff that looked cutting edge 15 or 20 years ago but is just painful
now.  Replacing it is will be a big job.  The first step to replacing
it is developing the will to do so, and the first step to *that* is
understanding what the hidden costs of the crappiness are.  We've
tripped over some of them in this thread.

Um, what else do you suppose the fact that I half-expect the build to be
broken on any given day means?