Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 61

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 61
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 18:34:58 +0000

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 07:46:44PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 15:24:08 +0000
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>
> > Cc: "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden>, address@hidden

[ .... ]

> So the rant about broken Emacs build machinery boiled down to a
> cockpit error invoking CVS?

Not quite.  It was the combination of cockpit error with a general
expectation of failure of the build.  Without the latter, I (and
presumably Eric too) would have sought out the actual failure more
assiduously.

Cockpit errors will continue to happen.  Therefore the expectation of
failure should be reversed.  I'll be looking to see how to do this.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).