Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: David Robinow
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 16:40:33 -0400

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Richard M Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>    I've tried several linux distributions. I've never managed to get an
>    internet connection.
>
> If what you tried was just Linux, you couldn't manage to type a shell
> command.  So they were probably GNU/Linux distributions.
 I'm well aware of the contributions of the GNU projectTo the extent
that you personally have been responsible thank you.
 I am also aware of your preference for the term GNU/Linux. I may be
mistaken but my feeling was that GNU is not to blame for my problems
so I deliberately omitted such mention.
 In any case, I intended only to point out my situation.

> Since GNU/Linux works for so many others, I suspect there was a
> problem in installation.  The best way to solve them is to ask an
> expert to do it for you.
 I didn't need an expert for Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro, or Vista.
I spent 30 years as a computer programmer with a fair amount of unix
experience. I think I should be able to do a simple install.
 I think my issue may be with my ISP but I don't really care to pursue
the issue. Life is short.
I live 20 miles east of Dayton, Ohio. If anybody would like to come
over to help, feel free.