Re: Rmail-mbox branch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Rmail-mbox branch
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:52:16 +0900

Paul Michael Reilly <address@hidden> writes:
>> I presume it's a mistake that you also committed a bunch of what seem to
>> be temporary files ?
>
> Nope.  I figured it would make some sense to provide this data,
> especially the log of changes I applied as part of the somewhat
> incomplete merge.

I'm not sure what you mean -- those files seem to merely contain output
from the "cvs log" command, which could presumably be easily duplicated by
anyone.  Obviously the annotations could as well.  [If you want that info
at a particular point in time, you should use "cvs tag" to add a tag.]

So what exactly is the point of dumping it all into files in the repository?

-Miles

--
`Suppose Korea goes to the World Cup final against Japan and wins,' Moon said.
`All the past could be forgiven.'   [NYT]