Re: Release plans

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:47:27 +0000

    > I wish you (and RMS) would get a real MUA. ... Fixing attributions

According to my records, you wrote

    >  >     Sure, but communitarian freedom has typically been espoused
    >  >     by leaders who create a personality cult around them and
    >  >     brook little actual dissent, etc.

and I wrote

    > That is often true.  Same in software.

I know the latter is correct both in attribution and in content.  My
electronic mail says the former is correct, too.  The attributions look
correct both in my originals and in your copies as they were sent to me.
No need for a different mail user agent.

    >  >     Software freedom is *not* about a personality that
    >  >     overshadows the rest of the community, is it?  Rather, it
    >  >     is a very individualist freedom.

    > Copyright law has to do with copying between people.

I said the last about copyright law, too.  Again, its attribution looks
correct to me.

You wrote

    >     And software freedom is about removing hindrances to an
    >     individual's copying, ...

I agree.  Software copying is made possible in a free mannner by using
*current* laws, international treaties, and experience.

You also wrote

    >     I don't understand what you're trying to say. ...

I am saying that the current laws, international treaties, and
experience send us to the GNU Public License, version 3.  You may not
like the current laws and international treaties; I don't; technology
makes it easier to copy than before.  Unfortunately, the current laws
and international treaties exist and their backers are powerful.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden