Re: bug in server-start

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: bug in server-start
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:33:22 +0100

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 20:58, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:

> You gotta be kidding.

I knew we had to have something in common...

> How about an error message that is more explicit?

OK, I can agree with that. Care to formulate it? (I'm not being
facetious; I hate writing doc messages in English).

> You might want to reread what I wrote.  Making suppositions about what
> someone does or does not do does not help your argument

Yes, sometimes it does help the argument because it helps understand
the likely mindstate of your interlocutor.

STOP THAT you too. It's getting old.

> What makes you think that it's just a binary choice here?

That's a cop out. What is the exact message you want?