indent-tabs-mode in dir-locals

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: indent-tabs-mode in dir-locals
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 19:44:56 -0500

(A super-urgent subject for the new year...)

I would like to ask for indent-tabs-mode to be removed from
.dir.locals.el. The most recent discussion on this subject I am aware
of said:

  space-vs-tabs-vs-aliens doesn't matter, as long as it's indented to
  the right position. That's my opinion on this matter.

(based on which I untabified the files I maintain)

I had believed the unwritten rule till now was "respect whatever the
file currently uses" (which there should be a setting for; but that's
a wishlist item).