[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Choosing a moment for the Bazaar switchover.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Choosing a moment for the Bazaar switchover.
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 00:47:54 -0400
User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.0.60 (gnu/linux)

Jason Earl <address@hidden> writes:
> That being the case, I don't think that it would be wise to switch to
> bzr right now.  For one thing a minor bug in bzr's fast-import plugin
> has made it impossible for me to generate new emacs-merges repositories
> from Andreas' git repository in anything but the bleeding edge
> brisbane-core formats.  I tried poking at this bug a bit myself, but I
> quickly found myself out of my depth.  Ian Clatworthy is working on it
> now.  Here's the bug report if you are interested.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-fastimport/+bug/345602

*nod*  Thank you; yes, that's very helpful to know.

> The other advantage of waiting is that bzr really is still in a state of
> considerable flux.  I have really come to love bzr, but it is hard to
> ignore the fact that the bzr devs make considerable changes on a monthly
> basis.  I think that it might well be in Emacs' best interests to at
> least wait until the new repository format lands.

I'd love to know what causes your impression of "a state of flux".  I
have some ideas, but don't want to taint your impressions by stating
them yet -- would rather hear from you.

NOTE: I think the Bazaar developers would like to know, too, so I've set
Reply-to on this mail to go to the Bazaar list.  The thread would get
off-topic for emacs-devel at this point anyway -- anyone who does a
follow-up-to-all, please take emacs-devel@ off the recipient list.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]