Possible emacs bug when type password fields

From: Borja Tarraso Hueso
Subject: Possible emacs bug when type password fields
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 12:13:21 +0100

Hi,

I was wondering if this is a known issue or not, but it seems some emacs bug, when I tried M-x gnus or M-x erc or any other feature in emacs (it means that is not emacs specific feature bug) I cannot use num keypad to type the password field. I tried in two different computers, with two different emacs versions, and different features, with same results.

Emacs version affected:

GNU Emacs 23.0.90.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) of 2009-04-21 on blackhole

Steps to reproduce the issue:

Way 1:
1) M-x gnus
2) when password prompt appears, try to use numkey pad.
3) see that dots do not appears for any key pressed.

Way 2:
1) M-x erc
2) ask several cuestions about irc server, port, nickname.
3) when password prompt appears, try to use numkey pad.
4) see that dots do not appears for any key pressed.

I did not test any other emacs feature that shows a prompt password.

Thanks!

Borja Tarraso