eterm-color not in ncurses/terminfo (and name clash with eterm.org)

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: eterm-color not in ncurses/terminfo (and name clash with eterm.org)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 12:45:54 +0200

The terminal emulator of Emacs 22.3, and current CVS version too,
identifies itself as "eterm-color". However, the terminfo database
(as included with ncurses-5.7) doesn't know about it. It has only the
following entry:

,----
| # The codes supported by the term.el terminal emulation in GNU Emacs 19.30
| eterm|gnu emacs term.el terminal emulation,
`----

Is there any reason why terminfo shouldn't know about eterm-color?
Otherwise, I could ask the ncurses maintainers to include the entry.

BTW, there is also http://www.eterm.org/ which is an xterm replacement.
It has an entry "Eterm-color" (note the capital E) in the terminfo
database. Still, this (almost) name clash is a bit unfortunate.

Ulrich