Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 16:58:02 +0900

Stephen Berman <address@hidden> writes:
> One not too rarely encountered (and to me fairly acceptable)
> avoid+infinitive construction is when `avoid' is passivized with an
> expletive subject: "It should be avoided to ...".  FWIW Google

To my ear, "avoid to" is clearly incorrect (and I think my ear is pretty
good).

There's _tons_ of bizarro grammar/misspellings/... on the net (googling
as a means of checking spelling is risky because of that!).  I suspect
such usage is nowhere near the threshold where it's considered actually
part of the language though....

-Miles

--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."