Re: Oop customization group

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Oop customization group
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 15:06:46 -0400

> There's a customization group defined, Oop, that's been in there since 1997,
> but at least in my build it is empty.  I couldn't find anything  refer
> to it.

> cus-edit.el:

> (defgroup oop nil
>   "Support for object-oriented programming."
>   :group 'programming)

Should be removed, indeed.

> Also, I don't think the structure of these groups is very well though out:

It's not.  It'd be good to improve it.
Thanks to the fact that we have multiple-inheritance, such improvement
can be done incrementally.  General suggestions for useful categories
would be welcome (both category name and clear description of what it
shoujld contain).  We could start with `major-mode' (which I'd constrain
to be modes for use in files-buffers) and `minor-mode'.

        Stefan