Re: Sending attachments

From: Frank Schmitt
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 20:18:47 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> Pulling code out of Gnus has the downside that it then needs to be
> inside Emacs, but XEmacs may not have it.  XEmacs compatibility has (as
> long as I can remember) been a Gnus goal.  How should Gnus and Emacs
> deal with this?  I hope "drop XEmacs support" is not an option.

Is XEmacs compatibility really worth the trouble? How many XEmacs users
are still out there?

Have you ever considered how much text can fit in eighty columns?  Given that a
signature typically contains up to four lines of text, this space allows you to
attach a tremendous amount of valuable information to your messages.  Seize the
opportunity and don't waste your signature on bullshit that nobody cares about.