Re: Sending attachments

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:30:30 -0400

    If we establish a list of specific things, as Reiner's list for example,
    it will be easier to work on it.  As I mentioned, there aren't that many
    Gnus developers and refactoring code is a thankless task that tends to
    take tons of time.  You should expect this to be a slow process.

I understand that.  My point is, first do no harm.

Since it is hard work to remove these dependencies,
please avoid making more of them.  When you want to add
a new file, ask yourself whether its function is inherently
part of Gnus, or whether it is something general (like rfc2047.el
for example) that you simply want for Gnus.  And if it is the latter,
please write it in a way that doesn't depend on Gnus, and propose
it for inclusion in Emacs.