Re: Infrastructural complexity.

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 22:13:02 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden writes:
>
>> I'm not closely following this thread, but this discussion is similar to
>> the "window group" proposal. There is patches in the previous threads.
>>
>> Basically window groups are groups of windows that behave somehwat like
>> the "framelettes" discussed here. Window operations that affect other
>> windows only affect the other windows in the same group as the current
>> window. So, delete-other-windows, for instance, only deletes the other
>> windows in the same group.
>
> Yes, we should add the window group feature (as well as merging CEDET).
> I've been planning to look into this after the 23.1 release, but if
> someone wants to work on it now, please do.
>
> I recall that we had an inconclusive discussion over the relative merits
> of two proposals, one by Joakim that (IIRC) relied on window parameters,
> and another by Martin that uses more built-in code.  Does anyone have
> any new thoughts about this?

I thought the interface of my proposal was rather nice, but then I
stumbled on some unforseen annoyances with getting some mouse operations
to work, got mad and quit working on it. I'm better now and can continue
working on it when I resolve my bzr issues. OTOH, if Martins proposal
already works, why not use it?

--
Joakim Verona