Re: Darkening font-lock colors

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Darkening font-lock colors
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 05:01:58 +0200

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 2:55 AM, Chong Yidong<address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> However it seems impossible to take care of this in the default color
>> scheme. I suggest adding additional color schemes for the font-lock
>> faces for this.
>
> The main goal for the default color scheme is legibility.

I looked a bit at the usability guidelines and wrote the attached
elisp file for testing new colors. There is an interactive function
that displays the new fonts and contrast ratios.

Testing your suggested colors I found that the contrast ratio is very
good. But it does not seem necessary to make the contrast ratio that
large as you have done. The usability guidelines suggests that a ratio
of 4.5 is enough. So there is room for colors that are more
distinguishable.