Gcc-generated dependencise. (Was: Re: dump (temacs) fails, core in alloc

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Gcc-generated dependencise. (Was: Re: dump (temacs) fails, core in alloc.c)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 16:24:36 +0100

Stefan Monnier skrev:
How about detecting if we are using gcc and generate dependencies on the fly
while compiling the first time?  I see many packages that does so. Would
such a change be OK?

That would be good, yes.  As long as it doesn't break builds on non-gcc
and non-gmake systems.

I have checked in dependency generation on the fly for src. Configure checks for gcc -MMD -MF and GNU Make and if not explicitly disabled with --disable-autodepend, dependencies are then generated when files are compiled.

        Jan D.