Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 17:41:47 -0600

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
>> I've already written http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs.
>> My instinct is to start with that, and then answer questions here as as
>> people have them, rather than write lots more text only to discover that
>> it doesn't answer the questions that actually come up.
>
> That seems fine, but please do summarize the answers to the questions
> that people ask in a document somewhere. Trawling through a bunch of
> mailing list posts to figure out how to do something is not ideal.

Feel free!

Indulging in the passive voice: FAQs should be collected, especially
once the switchover takes place, and either incorporated in the above
document or into a separate "Bzr for Emacs" FAQ.

I'm not volunteering to do it all.  We should do it collectively.  If
"do it collectively" doesn't work, then we've got a problem, and I'm not
promising to be the one to solve that problem :-).

(I am not a Bazaar expert; I'm just a regular user who likes it a lot.
I'm pretty sure that many people participating in this thread actually
know more about Bazaar than I do.  I'll answer what I can, of course,
but it would be bad if I were the primary resource.)

Right now, the only question that's come up that I think belongs in that
document is "What should be the standard workflow for Emacs developers
in Bazaar?"  That's a question we already had a draft answer for, and
Stephen Turnbull has since improved it (I'm about to review it).

-Karl