Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 15:16:29 +0100

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 15:07, Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden> wrote:

> A major problem with generating the ChangeLog from the commit messages
> is that you cannot fix a incorrect entry.  More often than not, you
> need to do fixes (forgotten entries, incorrect formating, ...).

I know, I've done quite a few changes to old ChangeLog entries :-)

Still, that seems to me a lesser problem that having to check two
places to get all relevant info. And, if you look deep at our
ChangeLogs, after years and years of use I'm sure you wouldn't take
more than half an hour to find some mistake (I'm not talking about
typos, but missing, wrong or duplicate entries, etc.). At the end of
the day, you look at the ChangeLog or the commit message to get an
idea of what happened; if you need the full info, there's the diffs.

    Juanma