Re: Next pretest

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Next pretest
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:09:24 +0200

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:46:57 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 16:28, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Could you try to debug it?
>
> I've tried, but I haven't gone too far because I don't know what to
> expect. For example, it this event expected after typing ñ?

Probably not, since it triggers an assertion.

Does this happen with 12XX codepages as well?

> (gdb) p *event
> $1 = {
>   kind = ASCII_KEYSTROKE_EVENT,
>   code = -92,
>   part = scroll_bar_above_handle,
>   modifiers = 0,
>   x = 0,
>   y = 0,
>   timestamp = 16983672,
>   padding = {0x0, 0x0},
>   frame_or_window = 48598021,
>   arg = 48474114
> }

This is a non-optimized build, I presume, right?  We aren't chasing
wild geese here, right?

Can you see what event is received w32term.c:w32_read_socket in this
case?  Is that function at all called in the -nw session?  If not, try
w32inevt.c:key_event.  In the latter, it would be interesting to see
what was event->wVirtualKeyCode (around line 426).

Also, how did you type these non-ASCII characters on your keyboard?
Do you have keys for them, or do you need to use AltGr or some such?