Re: Emacs and Gnome Canvas

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: Emacs and Gnome Canvas
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:21:23 +0100

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> IIRC there are some cases of text editors implemented on top of a
> canvas. IIRC Tk's text widget, which is the basis for several text
> editors, is one of them.

I don't think it is.  Tk's text widget is separate from Tk's canvas as
far as I know.  Tk's canvas does have significant scaling issues (or
used to have, anyway).

Not that one shouldn't or couldn't use some canvas for a text editor,
but I don't think there's good evidence that Tk's canvas would be
suitable.

[...]