Re: select-active-regions, Emacs not X

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: select-active-regions, Emacs not X
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 15:47:03 +0900

Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> writes:
> 24 works now so far after setting `select-active-regions' other than
> always' 23 works right out of the box, as these setting is nil.
>
> All I'm saying is: Probably you will get more bug reports, is the
> default-setting of `select-active-regions' remains `always'.

[It isn't `always' by default, it's `t'; but I guess that's what you mean.]

Why do you think that?  If it `select-active-regions' _isn't_ set to t,
then emacs will operate inconsistently, which will confuse some users
and potentially be a source of bug reports.

Since either setting will probably generate some bug reports, but the
current setting is only a problem when the user is running dubious apps
like klipper, it seems safer to keep the current defaults.

-miles

--
Acquaintance, n. A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not
well enough to lend to.