Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 17:27:26 +0200

> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:49:02 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> > My crystal ball says you didn't run nt/configure.bat after checkout.
>
> I've run configure and make bootstrap before.

That's weird.  I'm probably missing something.

doc/misc/makefile.w32-in says:

    emacsdir = $(srcdir)/../emacs
    MAKEINFO = makeinfo --force -I$(emacsdir)
    $(infodir)/calc: calc.texi $(emacsdir)/emacsver.texi
            $(MAKEINFO) calc.texi

However, your "make info" shows this:

   makeinfo --force calc.texi

So obviously, somehow, the "-I$(emacsdir)" part in $(MAKEINFO) got
dropped.  Can you see why this happens on your system?

> BTW, if I run make info a second time it apparently succeeds.

Even more weird.