Re: Emacs 23.2.90 pretest

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.2.90 pretest
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 13:49:39 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
>> Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 22:39:24 -0500
>>
>> Emacs pretest 23.2.90 is now available for download via FTP, at the
>> following location:
>>
>>   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.2.90.tar.gz
>
> The NEWS file has several +++ and --- markings.  Were they forgotten
> inadvertently, or do they mean the docs still "need work"?
>
> Also, what's the plan (if any) regarding documentation review?

The +++ and --- will be there until just before the end of the pretest.
I hope to start working on the documentation this weekend, but any help
is naturally welcome.  Currently, we need to document the NEWS items not
currently marked +++ or --- in the Emacs and Emacs Lisp manual.

As this is a mostly bugfix release, it is sufficient to document the
changes described in NEWS.  It is not necessary to proofread the entire
set of manuals.  (I'll proofread the affected sections before the
release; this will probably mostly be the chapter on VC.)