Re: Emacs 23.2.90 pretest

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.2.90 pretest
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:53:16 -0500

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

    On 10/11/2010 06:41, Sean Sieger wrote:
    >      The "make dist" target was added to nt/makefile.w32-in only in the
    >      trunk.
    >      Is there a problem with generating the Windows binaries for the
    >      pretest the old way (i.e., however it was done before July)?
    > In May I was copying admin/nt/makedist.bat from the trunk to the top
    > directory of the pretests and release and using it to produce the
    > distributions (not the binaries in them).

    You shouldn't need to copy the file, just use it where it is in the
    checked out tree. If it is no longer there in trunk, you'll need to
    get a working copy of the emacs23 branch first though.

Oof---It's all a distant memory ...

Um, yeah, I remember having to copy makedist.bat to c:\ in order for
make to find the distfiles in admin\nt.

Now, however, it didn't find ...

WARNINGS for files:

emacs-23.2.90\bin : The system cannot find the file specified.

emacs-23.2.90\etc\DOC-X : The system cannot find the file specified.

Ooor, maybe I don't know what I am doing.  But I gotta go to sleep and
work on this when I return from the studio.