Re: Current state of python.el in the Emacs trunk

From: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina
Subject: Re: Current state of python.el in the Emacs trunk
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 04:07:35 -0300

2011/2/16 Christoph <address@hidden>:
> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> Now Fabian proposes a third Python mode.

It wasn't my plan to complicate things further, it was the approach
that worked for me to solve the problem of my not-so-happy experience
with the different python modes I tried.

If it can help to enhance the current trunk's python.el status to
something better then it's good twice.

> I looked at it and I like it. It actually fixes some issues that the
> current python.el has, especially when it comes to things like
> pdbtrack. I had some issues getting some of features to work (shell
> completion, for example) but that might just be because I was using
> 24.0.50 and/or using it wrong.

That's good to hear, I fixed some shell integration and completion
stuff today, so that probably will do the trick.

> I didn't have the time to compare the current python.el with Fabian's
> version as far as features go, but I didn't really miss anything while
> using Fabian's new mode today.

Most of the stuff in trunk's python.el is there, so (I hope) your
feeling remains that way :)

Regards,
--
Fabián E. Gallina