Re: ELisp futures and continuations/coroutines

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ELisp futures and continuations/coroutines
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:59:02 -0300

> Stefan, Chong, anyone else, please let me know if you have objections to
> the attached future.el package.  I will add error handling and add it to
> Emacs tonight if there are no objections.  It's pretty simple code.

IIUC this will only be used by URL, at least at first.  Is there any
other package which is likely to use it in the foreseeable "future"?
If not, then I'd recommend to name it "url-future" for now.

        Stefan

PS: I'd expect future-finish and future-errored to signal an error is
the future is already done-p.  And future-call should return the
future-value.