Re: [ELPA Submission] OpenDocumentText exporter for Orgmode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA Submission] OpenDocumentText exporter for Orgmode
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 15:55:31 -0400

> I hope you would consider my request of having the org-odt tarball in
> GNU archives. The advantage would be that more people could discover it
> and test drive it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the org-odt tarball" and "GNU archive".
I'll assume "GNU archive" doesn't mean the FSF's ftp archive, but the
GNU ELPA.

If by "org-odt tarball" you mean a tarball including org-odt.el plus
a bunch of files that already exist in Org but with some modifications,
then this is not going to fly.
If it's a bunch of files that do not override Org's own files, then
I don't forsee any problem.

So I'd urge you to work with the Org guys so as to get the needed
changes accepted quickly, and if adding the remaining file doesn't suit
them, we can definitely distribute it as a separate GNU ELPA package.

        Stefan