other-buffer advice on kill-buffer

From: Jérémy Compostella
Subject: other-buffer advice on kill-buffer
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 01:03:57 +0200

All,

I'm trying to modify the behavior of the kill-buffer function to fit my
needs. I would like to limit the list of eligible buffers used to select
the buffer which will be displayed in place of the killed buffer.

I have tried to advice the other-buffer function which seems called
(Cf. buffer.c) but my advice is never called in this case. Indeed, my
other-buffer advice is correctly called on switch-to-buffer call but
never on kill-buffer call.

So am I missing something ?
Is there a restriction on advices for C implemented function ?
How the kill-buffer function select the new displayed buffer ? Could I
really modify its behavior and how ?

Thanks for your help.

Jeremy