RE: display-buffer-alist simplifications

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: display-buffer-alist simplifications
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:07:20 -0700

> now that we've settled on a workable design

You/we have?  I hadn't gotten that impression from scanning the thread.  I
(think I) see new proposals and counter-proposals everyday.

> For example, I would not spend time on the defcustom definitions for
> display-buffer-alist and display-buffer-default-rule, if that proves
> complicated---you could just make them defvars for now.

Huh?  I thought the decision was that there was no hurry for Emacs 24 and that
you wanted to get this right first.  Sounds like now someone wants to go to
market in a hurry.

defvars instead of defcustoms?  Are you serious?  How do you expect users to
deal with this stuff?  It seems almost impossible for even you guys to
understand it all and make up your minds about what's going on.

I say take the time to get it right.  What's the rush?