Re: non-breaking hyphens

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: non-breaking hyphens
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:28:20 +0300

> FWIW, I suggest adding simple search and search-and-replace commands to check
> for such groups of "false friends".  This would be in addition to the display
> changes that you are discussing.

What you suggest reminds UI used when trying to save a file with characters
that can't be encoded with default coding systems, i.e. that displays:

  Click on a character (or switch to this window by `C-x o'
  and select the characters by RET) to jump to the place it appears,
  where `C-u C-x =' will give information about it.