Re: gtk3, emacs 24 and gnome shell

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: gtk3, emacs 24 and gnome shell
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:23:57 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Anyone else experienced something similar?
>>
>> Emacs 24 bzr with GTK3 is very unstable on my Archlinux system as
>> well.  It will often just kill itself.
>
> If "kill itself" means you close some frame and emacs is killed
> completely, that most likely the issue I've described in
> <address@hidden>.

A more adequate word would have been crash, i.e. a non-expected and
undesirable halt.

Examples on the top of my head:
   - I start Gnus.  Emacs has some times closed ("crashed") before it
     got to the group buffer.
   - Emacs resists on a txt virtual desktop.  Some times when I return
     from the www VD it has disappeared.

But, as stated I am not aware of a systematic bug so I'm having a hard
time reproducing it.

I experience the kill-frame kill-daemon issue you have described in a
thus different from what I am describing above.

Is there a way to have Emacs always log itself?

–Rasmus

--
Sent from my Emacs