Re: Using smtps over port 465 in emacs24

From: Rene
Subject: Re: Using smtps over port 465 in emacs24
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 17:16:35 +0000 (UTC)

Julien Danjou <julien <at> danjou.info> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 15 2011, Rene wrote:
>
> > my company has turned to a secured smtp server
> > I now should be using the smtps protocol on port 465.
> > Unfortunately I cannot seem to make this work.
>
> Try to add :
>
>     (setq smtpmail-stream-type 'ssl)

It's good you mentionned this because I never could have figured this out by
myself from the info file nor from the smtpmail.el file.

This fix should definitely be added to the variable's documentation string.

> > Besides I don't get any error message at all which leaves me
> > with no clue on how
> > to debug this problem although both `smtpmail-debug-verb' and
> > `smtpmail-debug-info' are set to t.

That's strange that absolutely no message whatsoever was issued when trying to
send messages.

--
Rene