Re: 'struct window' cleanup #2

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: 'struct window' cleanup #2
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:42:37 -0400

>> Anyway, window_end_pos and window_end_vpos are the more
>> promising candidates (if Eli agrees).
> I don't object.  But if we think that Lisp integers cause any
> significant slowdown during GC

For me, the reason to make such changes is to make the code simpler and
more robust: by avoiding conversion to/from Lisp_Object we get to use
more of C's type checks (as weak as they are, they're better than
nothing).
And for objects which are always integers, the code ends up simpler.
If it's more efficient, that's just a nice side-effect.

        Stefan