Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:28:16 +0800

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 8:23 AM, John Wiegley <address@hidden> wrote:

Why are we sticking with the ns port again, when Yamamoto has been so active
in keeping the Mac-Port patch maintained?

For me the ns port was extremely unstable running helm.  Emacs crashed very frequently (several times a day).

When I switched to Yamamoto's Mac-Port, the stability problems went away completely (at least the helm related ones, I've had it crash once in the last few months).  It has completely salvaged my Emacs experience on the Mac.

--
Le