Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 12:20:57 +0530

Richard

> If a contributor wants to specify precisely which changes are assigned,
> he, she or it can talk with the FSF about it.  We can work something out.
> However, we'd prefer to be able to use all of someone's changes without
> specific arrangements.

Assigned unless declared otherwise seems very practical.  I can put it
to some use (to my own ends).

I am willing to send patches against Emacs Bzr trunk [1].  But, I need
to be personally convinced that my patches will be diligently and
dispassionately considered.

I admit that my exercising of a right - right to not assign - is not
without collateral damages.  I regret these damages, but I have no means
to express my disapproval of ... in a *substantial* way so that is
getting noticed.

I do want my changes to be in Emacs (ultimately) but not the immediate
major release or until the circumstances change.

Footnotes:

[1] The patches are most likely to be minor changes addressing areas
that annoys me.  I have some bugs that I have lined up already in
debbbugs.