Re: ELPA commit freeze

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: ELPA commit freeze
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 19:34:56 +0300

On 14.08.2013 17:43, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Like I said, I'm quite willing to make a repo with packages imported as
subtrees from upstream repositories. Without a hosting, though.

I'll definitely add those, don't worry.  "Better" would imply redoing
the history piece by piece, "git merge"ing from the external at the
point where the Bzr code had a merge.

I've just tried 'git subtree push --prefix=packages/js2-mode <upstream repo>', and it didn't work, saying because the push wouldn't be fast-forward (which it should be).

Doing 'git subtree split --prefix=<...> -b js2-mode && git co js2-mode' showed the history from the old elpa branch, plus your last two commits that touched this dir.

Similarly, plain 'git log -- packages/js2-mode' shows the old history, and does not include the commits from the upstream repo.

Then I did 'git subtree pull --prefix=packages/js2-mode <upstream>', it succeeded, 'git subtree push' still didn't work after that, but 'git subtree split ... -b js2-mode' followed by 'git co js2-mode' and 'git push' succeeded, pushing the whole damn elpa history to address@hidden:mooz/js2-mode.git.

Clearly, there's something wrong with the current configuration.

Further, I'm still not receiving notifications for commits made in elpa/packages/js2-mode. Should I explicitly add a "Maintainer:" header?