Re: windows build failure

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: windows build failure
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 15:31:41 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

    I tried to fix this problem in trunk revision 114637.  If you (or
    someone else who would like to move to the new MinGW runtime) have
    time, please re-test with v4.0 of the MinGW runtime.

Yes, of course.  Monday morning.

    Please also try the various time-related functions, such as
    decode-time, encode-time, format-time-string, and
    current-time-string.  This is because MinGW32 runtime 4.0 also moved
    to using a 64-bit time_t type by default, which according to my
    testing screws up Emacs, especially if it was built on Windows 7 and
    then run on XP.  So for now, I forced the MinGW32 headers to use a
    32-bit time_t type.  This needs to be thoroughly tested, though.

    Thanks.

Thank you, Eli.

    Well, it turns out the MinGW developers might be listening after all,
    at least to some of the arguments: I'm promised that the next release
    of the runtime will not call opendir/readdir from the startup code.
    We shall see...

Yeah, I've been watching them.