Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI

From: Toby Cubitt
Subject: Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 14:30:10 +0000

On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 09:40:51PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Seems it was Joakim.  My impression was Company backend definitions
> > belong in Company, so perhaps his code should be added there?
>
> As long as company is "non-standard", that's probably true.  But the
> completion-at-point-functions for Predictive should be in Predictive.
> And that should be sufficient to make it available in Company as well
> since Company can use completion-at-point-functions.

Thanks Stefan, that's useful to know. I admit I haven't followed the
`completion-at-point' et al. developments closely. I'll look into adding
definitions next time I hack on Predictive.

(Though I don't think the `completion-at-point' mechanism is really rich
enough to let Predictive do its stuff properly; in particular updating
the frequency data after completing.)

Best,
Toby

--
Dr T. S. Cubitt
Royal Society University Research Fellow

email: address@hidden
web:   www.dr-qubit.org