Re: build-specific lisp files (generated by configure)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: build-specific lisp files (generated by configure)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 16:20:31 -0400

>>> It's not important, but I wondered if anyone had an idea for a solution?
>> I'd guess the solution is to introduce a build-specific lisp directory,
>> alongside ${archlibdir}.
> Yes, but what would it even be called?
> It's name would depend on the specific configure options used. Yuck.
> So I guess the idea doesn't work. Oh well.

I'm not sure I completely understand the issue, but could we generate
the file in src/config.el and then from loadup.el load it via
(expand-file-name "src/config.el" source-directory)?

Of course, if this src/config.el is where source-directory is defined,
we'll need to pass the /foo/src/config.el name from src/Makefile to
the temacs process on the command line.

        Stefan