Re: Please don't obsolete "crisp.el"

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Please don't obsolete "crisp.el"
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 17:32:34 +0700

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Luke Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

> Cool! The "git log -p --follow lisp/obsolete/crisp.el" is indeed very clean!
> However, the bad thing is that we can't add "--reverse" to reverse the
> commit order from the beginning, so "git am" will immediately fail.

What about “git format-patch” with a path argument? You should then
get a directory containing a numbered series of patches restricted to
that file or path, and you can then apply that with “git am” onto a
different branch and/or in a different repository. Before applying,
you might global-replace some directory names.