Re: Changes in frame/window code

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in frame/window code
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 19:40:52 +0300

> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:52:53 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
>  > I see it in your snapshot, but not on my system.
>
> Yes.  These are difficult to trigger.  Here's another problem.  The
> snapshots are with 24.3 to make sure that no new feature creeps in

It is not useful to show such problems in 24.3, because the bugfixes I
lately committed to the emacs-24 branch are not there, so display of
hscrolled R2L lines there is fundamentally broken.

> here the problem with current trunk is precisely the same.  The first
> snapshot (mouse-click-ante) gives the tutorial in the left window in
> some specific non-zero hscroll state.  I now mouse-click where the mouse
> cursor appears, namely on the "I" of the word "EDIT".  This makes point
> in that window move to where the block cursor appears in the second
> snapshot (mouse-click-post) namely over the first "ו" (the fifth letter
> of the word) "משמעותו".  Can you reproduce it?

Yes, but that's an entirely different problem: looks like moving point
by clicking the mouse doesn't work correctly at all in hscrolled R2L
lines.  Please file a bug report, and I will fix this.

> Note that no such problem occurs when the window is not hscrolled.

Hey, when I added bidi support, I did do a thorough job for the most
basic features, and mouse clicks are certainly part of that.

> Currently, I have some hard time mouse dragging lines with mixed
> left-to-right and right-to-left text.

What do you mean by "dragging lines"?