Re: Generalizing find-definition

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Generalizing find-definition
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 17:26:08 -0500

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:

> So the new module find-definition.el would define:

looks good; ada-mode could use this

ada-mode also has "show all references of name at point", which
currently pops up a buffer in compilation-mode, showing
compilation-style locations of all uses. That's similar functionality to
find-tag/tags-loop-continue, and similar UI to SLIME.

> Changes to elisp-mode.el:
>
> Provide a value for `find-definition-function' which finds the
> definition of the symbol at point.

+1

I have my own hack for this; It requires me to distinguish between
variable and defun names and invoke separate keys; I hope you can remove
that annoyance.

--
-- Stephe