Re: maintaining FSF Emacs web page

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: maintaining FSF Emacs web page
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 12:30:24 +0000 (UTC)

Richard Stallman <rms <at> gnu.org> writes:

>   > One solution to this is to keep the FSF page very short, and have it
>   > refer to a web page or other docs that we do maintain.
>   > Currently, that would be http://www.emacswiki.org/
>
> I see no benefit in that, only a problem.
>
> Using CVS is easy, through VC.  Meanwhile, since we don't control the
> contents of emacswiki.org, it is not the right good place to publish
> the text that we do maintain.

Is control important? I keep the wiki up and running. I can lock some
pages and give out passwords if control is important. If the real issue is
a fear of vandalism and spam, then there seems to be little reason to
worry: people like me are keeping an eye on Emacs Wiki, keeping it free of
vandalism and spam.