Re: Project support and completions

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Project support and completions
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 01:03:18 +0200

On 01/25/2015 09:22 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

No, I want to see prin1, princ, prin1-to-string, etc.  printf is
really not what I want to see.

Then don't press `M-.' when point is on `printf', and don't type `printf' into the `C-u M-.' prompt. Problem solved?

This discussion is about specifying the solutions.

I wouldn't say so. For instance, I consider tag files a very unsatisfactory source for completions (imprecise and often incomplete), but you and a certain slice of users are fine with them. So I wouldn't spend a lot of effort on completion backend that uses them, but still I'd like to allow it to exist.

For me, this discussion is mostly about clarifying some new requirements for a project API.